Why adopt a rescue pet?
Benefits for you
- When you adopt a new pet, you will have a new companion in your family!
- Rescue pets are health checked prior to being put up for adoption, so you are guaranteed a healthy pet!
- The cost to adopt a rescue pet is cheaper than buying a new pet at a pet store or breeder
- If you adopt an adult guinea pig, the rescue centre will have a good idea of what kind of personality your guinea pig has
- Guinea pigs (and other pets) help you build your immune system and relieve stress!
Benefits for guinea pigs
- When you adopt a new pet, you have saved a life! Rescue shelters have hundreds of happy, healthy pets just waiting for someone to take them home
- Living in a rescue shelter can be crowded and stressful, it is much nicer living in a quiet, cosy home
- Adopting a new pet gives them stability and confidence
- When you adopt a pet, you make room in the shelter for another animal to be rescued